Site attributes consist of various types of data, including administrative, epidemiological, and service-related information related to facilities and subnational units (SNUs). They help us understand where services should be provided, where they are currently offered, who is delivering these services, and what the service capacity is like.
Collecting site attributes offers a view of healthcare services and facilities, aiding in informed decision-making for healthcare planning. Secondly, it assists country programs in directing services to areas where they are most needed, simplifying healthcare planning and delivery. In essence, site attributes support wiser healthcare choices.
In addition to geographic coordinates, PEPFAR is collecting the following site attribute information:
- Type of facility
- Ownership or managing authority
- Community services provided
- Clinic hours
The site attributes are captured in DATIM through the six fields as depicted in the table below:
More detailed information can be found in the MER 2.6.1 Indicator Reference Guide. (Appendix D, pg 247)
For any questions on how to classify a specific facility, please email SGAC_SI@state.gov.
Site attributes may change over time, and to account for this, we incorporate a time dimension into site attributes, enabling us to capture a snapshot of site attributes for a specific fiscal year. This allows historical data to remain linked to historical site attributes for a given facility.
Country teams have the flexibility to update site attributes as needed. However, it's important to note that site attributes for a fiscal year become fixed at the conclusion of its Q4 reporting cycle. Any subsequent updates will apply to the following fiscal year.
Site Attribute Download
Navigating to the Site Attributes page…
Go to https://help.datim.org/
Starting page --> click on “Data Import and Systems Administration”
Second page --> click on “DATIM Data Import and Exchange Resources”
Taking you to this link/page as shown in the screenshot below:
click on “Org Unit”
Note: this will require your DATIM sign-in in order to download
Site Attribute Process
Country Team Process:
- Download your country’s Site Attributes CSV file from DATIM Support
- Update the Site Attribute values for the applicable facilities
- Send the updated CSV file to us through a DATIM Support ticket
When we receive these files, we will run validation to ensure the DATIM UID exists and that the site attribute values are valid. The import will overwrite the previous site attribute values for the specified facilities.
- You don’t need to provide the full list of facilities; you can provide just the facilities that are to be updated.
- This is not the method for adding new facilities or updating any other fields other than site attributes.
Countries will be able to provide their Site Attributes at any time after the Kick-off Webinar (held on July 26th) with the deadline for submission by November 14, 2023.
- Site attributes should be updated, at minimum, on an annual basis
- Site attribute information should be available along with FY23 Q4 data for analysis
- As of November 15, the Site Attributes stored in DATIM will be what PEPFAR uses when viewing FY23 results
• For any questions on how to classify a specific facility, please email SGAC_SI@state.gov
• If this exercise is proving to be particularly challenging, then please reach out to us
through DATIM Support: https://datim.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=54655