This article contains the FY21 SIMS 4.2 Implementation Guide and related Appendices and SIMS 4.2 Site level Assessment Tool. These materials should only be used effective October 1, 2022 (i.e. FY23). Prior to that date, SIMS 4.1 remains in effect.
The objectives of the FY23 SIMS 4.2 Implementation Guide is to provide (1) background information on the purpose of SIMS as a quality assurance tool, (2) instructions of the operationalization and implementation or SIMS 4.2, and (3) additional information on PEPFAR recommendations for OUs that have met their Minimum Program Requirements (MPRs) to confirm the quality of reported results at the site level, using two key data sources, both SIMS and MER. The combination of SIMS and MER at the site level will be known as minimum site standards (MSSs).
The goals of SIMS include:
- Providing a standardized approach and set of tools to monitor program quality in compliance with PEPFAR Minimum program requirements (MPRs) at PEPFAR-supported sites
- Implementing SIMS at selected priority sites based on performance, program needs, and programmatic gaps
- Using assessment results and data analysis, to identify gaps in the provision of quality services and identification of actionable remediation activities to facilitate programmatic improvement
The FY23 SIMS 4.2 Site Tool assess adherence to known HIV program quality standards at the site level. SIMS Core Essential Elements (CEEs) are organized into programmatic Sets, and measure adherence to known HIV program quality standards. Please note that SIMS above site assessments will not be required for FY23.
SIMS Introductory Course on PEPFAR Virtual Academy
SIMS 4.2 Updates Webinar
Slides attached below (SIMS 4.2 webinar slides final.pptx)
This packet includes the following documents:
- FY23 SIMS 4.2 Implementation Guide (Updated August 15, 2022)
- Appendix 1 FY23 SIMS 4.2 Coversheet
- Appendix 2 FY23 SIMS 4.2 Dashboards (Updated August 15, 2022)
- Appendix 3 FY23 SIMS 4.2 Confidentiality Agreement
- Appendix 4 FY23 SIMS 4.2 SIMS Site Visit Information and Inbrief
- Appendix 5 FY23 SIMS 4.2 Sample SIMS Visit Letter
- Appendix 6 FY23 SIMS 4.2 Worksheets
- FY23 SIMS 4.2 Site Tool (August 15, 2022)